Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 87 GT which needed a clutch cable, the cable had the rubber pushed back like it was under too much pressure. after installing a new cable, i took the car for a test drive, i made it about 1 mile down the road before the clutch pedal hit the floor, after getting the car home i found that the clutch cable was destroyed.....I replaced the stock quadrant with a ZOOM quadrant and cable and also installed a firewall adjuster, Now the pedal has NO play and it catches at the very top.....a few inches is all it takes to engage and disengage the clutch...and it's hard to push. I assume it's the pressure plate...but i would like some input before i pull the trans....Any ideas ?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sounds to me like the ratio changed. I would guess that the Zoom quadrant uses a quicker ratio than stock. Definitely make sure that the cable is adjusted so that the throughout bearing is not pressing on the pressure plate too much. Don't want to make the clutch slip.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just took the car for a drive, and the clutch slipped in 4th when i nailed it, i put the car on stand's and it look's like the throwout bearing is pressing against the pressure plate too much. But the cable that came with the quadrant is NOT adjustable, and the firewall adjuster is all the way in. What should i do ?...:headscratch:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.