Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have transplanted a 1987 Mustang HO with all the wiring, sensors, etc. Into my 1983 T-Bird. Dual 2 1/4 exhaust including stock cats and hpipe with high flow mufflers . Running a DA1 computer with an AOD.
The problems I have are it runs poor in warm cruise mode. It runs better cold and wide open runs strong all the time.
I pulled the KOEO codes and get 34 (egr related) and 67 (neutral switch not connected).
Continous memory codes are 54 (ACT sensor fault), 67 (TPS below minimum voltage), and 34 (EVP sensor). KOER codes are 34 (EGR valve opening not detected).
Cylinder Balance test was a pass (90).
I have cleaned and checked the EGR valve, replaced the Egr position sensor, checked the Vacuum hose routing and also for leaks, Checked the wiring, had a breakout box connected and checked the computer, and at this point am looking for more input.
Sorry for the long post. I have been fooling with this for a while. Looking forward to any ideas or suggestions.
Thanks
Notime1794

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Where did you get the DA1 computer? I can't remember if it's meant for the AOD, or if it's meant for speed density. I would say the problem is related to that, and it sounds like when a speed density computer is having a hard time keeping the engine running right. The cold start up and WOT is fine but at part throttle and warm cruise is when it'll act up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello,
The DA1 is a 1987 speed density for a 5 speed. I spent a lot of time researching before I did this and that was a a choice that gave good throttle response and advance curves. The 1983 AOD is not electronic so it shouldn't be an issue.
Thanks for the reply.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.