Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what part I'm referring to? My passenger side motor mount is in pretty bad shape, but i noticed a "Saucer Like" looking bushing that comes off the bottom of the square stock rubber mount. The thing is maybe 1" to 1.5" in diameter and all i can describe it as would be a spherical to "saucerish" looking rubber bushing or mount of some kind that is either below the mount or between it and the block. The mysterious bushing or mount has basically disintegrated and has a bolt that runs directly through the center of it...I'm not sure if this bolts to mount itself or the K-member. the only thing i do know is that there is the exact same thing on the driver side but it's attached and very hard to see; as it covered by road grime and many metal lines maybe power steering lines or brake lines... i don't know. When i replace the motor mounts, is it best to use the stock replacement or something after market...my car is basically stock Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
826 Posts
those bushings you see are part of the motor mount bud...and you can get some polly mounts for it...4 the same price as the stock ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it was me i would go with ancor replacment parts

Yeasterday i replaced the passenger side motor mount and i went with ancor replacment parts, once that rubber peace is gone you mine as well go get another one because there is no fixin it i tried.
:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Go with the polys..

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Some say the urethane mounts are rough and transmit road vibrations to the interior, I have them and say they don't. Since you're replacing them, go with the better ones being the urethane.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.