Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I just bought a 1987 Convertible Mustang GT 5.0L and it runs pretty well. My only problem is that I have to park it in the street because it leaks oil when I park it. I'm not sure where its coming from either, its not a huge amount but it makes a decent sized puddle when left overnight, I don't know a whole lot about cars so I have no idea where to even start looking for this leak and was wondering if anyone could please help me. And if there is a way to fix this problem without having to go to a mechanic and drop a ton of money I would love to hear how because I don't have a ton of money to drop at the moment. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
best thing to do for now is get under there and wipe all the heavy oil off..then run it,inspect it,and hopefully find your leak..it could be anything from a simple valve cover gasket,lower intake manifold, the dreaded oil pan, or rear main seal..

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok thanks, if i go in to get an oil change do you think they could tell me what it was that was leaking or would they tell me its something that its not and just make me fix **** that really doesnt need fixed?

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
ahh..hard to say..depends where you take it..a dealer or a good mechanic will be able to diagnose whats wrong..

but a quick change lube shop..well..they're lucky they know which way to turn the wrench half the time lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.