Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone,

I know this is stupid of me, but earlier today I pulled the battery out and when I put the battery back in i didnt realilize that I had put the (+) terminal on the (-) of the battery and when I went to put the (-) on the (+) of the battery it started sparking a lot and I realilized what I did so I pulled it right off. (real stupid of me I KNOW) so I put the battery back into the correct position and the terminals where were they are supposed to be. Now my headlights dont work and also when i turned the car on the (AMP) light on my cluster is on, what did I mess up? I checked the fuses and I replaced the one for the radio I fried, but all the other ones seem to be fine.

What else should I look for? the car seems to be running fine soo I think, the ECU should be oki no? (I have MAF)

Any input and help was be awesome.
Thanks.

·
Registered
6,282 Posts
So the car runs?

The headlights don't care if they are getting +12v or -12v, but the relay that turns them on does, so check on that. Check all the others in the relay board while your in there.

The amp warning light is another issue. I'd wait a week or so with everything else running and see if anything else is messed up. It may just need a reset (review your owners manual and then the service manual).

If you did mess up the cluster let me know and I'll send you a link for a repair shop. I've had mine fixed for $50 plus shipping both ways.

S

·
0 Posts
I have seen this before. You need to check the fusible links coming off the starter solenoid. You probably popped them. You will need a test light or meter to do this. Also check your fuse panel as you may have popped a few there as well. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts