Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i first get on the gas, sometimes not always, it is sluggish
then a loud cracking sound comes from the exhaust almost like a backfire and then the power comes back like it should be.
put a code reader on it, and it said tab selonoid failure got brand new ones and it is still doing it. mostly stock car, new high flow cats and mac exhaust on it i also changed the valve cover gaskets and took my upper intake off and cleaned it recently also a new fuel filter. any ideas??? thanks Aaron

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i did not, i will do that right now thats a good point. also it seemed to clear up once it ran awhile.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, i got a 33 egr sensor indicated the valve is not opening or it is not seated properly......and 44 which is porblems in the thermactor air control system...... so i guess i have to clear the codes and do it again. since the engine off test i did before gave me a tab celonoid failure and i got new ones.. anyone think the egr could be giving me the problem i am having???

·
Registered
160 Posts
I had somewhat of a similar problem, my car was surging real bad late last summer, and then it would even die if the car was in neutral or it i was just slowing down, in neutral, and doing about 40 kmh. Turned out I had a bad EGR, so if this sounds similar, I would advise replacing your EGR

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya im thinking that does make sense if that diaphram is sticking that it would do that. im gonna get one from ford, unless someone has a better idea???
thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
EGR can definitely cause this problem. EGR is supposed to be commanded closed at WOT. if it is not seated/functioning right then youre going to get that loss and then normal power that youre describing.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks man, im picking it up monday, i'll let u know if it works.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
changed the egr and its still doing it drove it around a little and i got no codes this time, but i might not have driven it long enough since i cleared them. any ideas???

·
Registered
19 Posts
did u ever figure it out? i would say vacuum hoses. mine doing the same but im changin to trickflow intake manifold with new hoses

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No man i never did. After i sprayed every hose with carb cleaner and found no leaks I changed two hoses that looked bad. And its still doing it. im still getting the same egr code and a thermactor system failure. Im going to clean my sensors tomorrow as described on this website, and if that doesn't work im gonna delete all the emissions bull$&!# Goodluck man.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts