Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats up fellas
im installing a new clutch and i was replacing the pilot bearing.
i rented the tool from the auto parts store to remove it but when i did
it only removed the roller bearings and the race or bushing is still inside and i cant get it out.
i tried many times to stuff the tool back in hoping it pulls out the race but it doesnt grab.
anyone ever run into this problem?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i had the same problem.

i think i sprayed some penetrating lube all over it and let it sit for a while and then i used that removal tool and somehow got it to grab the sides.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just took mine out a week ago, the tool i rented from Advanced just ripped through it, i tried the grease trick but it also didn't work. I ended up using a hole saw drill bit to see if i could drill into it and free it up, i cut through the bearing and then used a hammer and chizzle to hit the remaining lip towards the middle ended up working great. If you use the drill be careful you are only hitting the pilot bearing.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah i sprayed a lot of wd-40 and let it sit and still nothing.
i tried to hammer it where it has that little lip so i could pry it out and ended just breakin the lip off
maybe ill try hitting that broken part so i can spin it and break it loose a little bit.
**** got me pretty frustrated tho lol
thanks guys.
hey how does using grease work?

·
Registered
25 Posts
for the grease trick you have to fill the pilot bearing hole with as much grease as you can then find a wood or metal dowel or something that fits almost perfectly into the hole and hammer the dowel creating hydraulic force which should push the bearing out from the lip in the rear.

This bearing pissed me off for along time before i just gave up and started hacking it with that hole saw drill bit. So i'd recommend cutting it with a dremel or if you have that bit, possibly a sawza something just to make a notch to chizzle it out or break it out. good luck

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
maaaan
i ended up just hitting it with a chisel and broke it
came right out
haha
thanks for the help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.