Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone--

I recently purchased a Pioneer 4900ib cd deck, along with "smart" wiring harnesses; one that hooks from the factory harness to the CD deck harness, as well as the cd deck harness. I plugged it all in today and the unit turns on but I have no sound. The wires are all connected by the connectors that they came with. I called the guy I bought the car from and he said he had similar problems, except he only lost the door speakers, he had the front and rears. I don't know if I should manually splice all the wires together and try it that way or what. Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. I have visited this site a lot for help and it has been very affective!

·
Registered
343 Posts
although its more work, you should splice them... its a pain, but it'll solve the problem, if the problem is faulty wiring... and its not hte end of the world if you splice them all and still no sound... you just know that the problem is from something else...

·
Registered
25,098 Posts
:hello: and :welcome: Enjoy the site!! :happydancer:
Do post some pictures into your gallery soon!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everybody.

I am thinking that there is something either with the speaker wire connection or maybe the unit itself. When I turn the car on, I'm pretty sure the speakers pop but there is still no sound. I'm goin to splice the wires today and try that. I really hope I don't have to complain to Pioneer about it because that will be a good 2 months at least before anything is done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.