Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i am new to the mustang world but i finlliy checked the codes. for a start i know my o2 sensor is broke.. but i am getting codes 21 23 41 91 34 i am having alil trouble finding the codes but if you can help me out i would be thankful

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
here are your codes

21- ECT out of self-test range
23- TP sensor out of self-test range
41- HEGO sensor circuit indicates system lean / No HEGO switching detected
91- Shift Solenoid 1 circuit failure (E4OD)
34- EVP Voltage above closed limit

here you go!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol yea i was going to say its a 5spd lol thanks not sure where to start lol but thanks alot guys...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i have been reading up on the codes, some im guessing when im getting Engine Coolant Temperature, ECT Sensor Out Of Self Test Range. 0.3 volts (250°F) to 3.7 volts (50°F)(O,R), and the tps same that they just need to be replaced....am i right?

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Make sure the Engine is fully warmed up. Then run the codes. See if code 21 goes away.

As far as 23. Look at the TPS and use a volt meter and check the green and black wire together with the Key on Engine off. If its above 1.2v try and lower it. If its below .6v try and raise it. Just loosen the screws and twist while watching the meter. Set it to about .8-.9 to allow for deviations.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok will do, but for the running lean part im abit lost on. being that my o2 sensors are not there shouldnt i be running rich?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok so i warmed it up and re tested the computer, lost 21 so thats good and i know why for the o2 related codes, but for 34 23 idk...i volt tested the tps and got .7 engine off key on so idk

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
While .7v is fine. Any resistance in the connections or wiring will drop that voltage by the time it gets to the ECM. You can try and compensate for that by raising the TPS to 1.00v. Then recheck the codes and make sure it gone. If that solves that code then we can move on to code 34......

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
will do ty, and thanks again for the help, im a combat vet and ive been pretty ill so its getting harder for me to spend hours outside looking, much easier to have an idea lol...will let you know 2moro

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
No rush man...... I visit here a few times a day and more if Im trying to help out with an issue. So ill be around to bounce ideas back and forth. :bigthumbsup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts