Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This summer I am planning on doing some upgrades to my 5.0 and could use some help. I have to replace my heater core and was going to do some other work while I am at it. A list of what I am going to do is listed below. Let me know if you think I am missing anything.

-Heater Core
-Removal of Entire A/C System
-FRPP A/C Delete Kit (to move P/S Pump)
-March Performance Power & Amp Underdrive Pulleys
-FRPP Cobra Upper & Lower Intake Manifold
-New Fuel Rails while they are off
-BBK Cold Air Intake

I already have a flowmaster exhaust and would like to know if I need to do anything else to prevent running into problems with these planned upgrades. An example is do I need to upgrade injectors to make up for more air.

Thank You,

h4ck.b0x7

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
No need for new fuel rails or injectors so save your money.

If you want to add some things for power well you can look into headers, h or x pipe and a bigger throttle body.

Now for the chassis it would be a good idea for full length subframe connectors, upper and lower control arms.

And last but definitely not least a set of gears will give you probably the biggest smile outta all of them.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smurf Stang thanks for the reply

I didn't realize fuel rails were so expensive. I am going to leave mine alone for now.

I planned on putting a 70mm throttle body on it but am going to wait a little longer because of the cost.

Gears are a definite in the near future. I'm a bit torn between 3.55's and 3.73's. It is my daily driver but I'm not that worried about gas. Why own a 5.0 if you are? I'm pushing for the 3.73's though considering I drive on the highway some but not too often. How is the top speed with them?

I definitely need to get subframe connectors but was going to do those along with the set of gears.

The control arms are a bit of a cost issue but when I get the set of gears put it they will probably come then. Do I need to outfit the front and rear or just the rear?

I am going to get new headers as well but probably not until next summer. What do you recommend?

Thanks,
h4ck.b0x7

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
I would also say 3.73 are a great upgrade for mild bolt ons and like David said you won't be topping out 5th gear.

I would probably look for some used shorty headers as they are all relatively the same.

The control arms you will be upgrading would be the upper and lower units in the rear.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys.

With 3.73's I just don't want it to top out at 110 or 120 mph. I have had mine up to 135 mph on I-75 already.

What brand headers do you prefer?? I have heard BBK stuff doesn't fit well except for their intakes. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Most likely headers are going to come next summer because I plan on putting an E303 cam and GT40X heads on it as well and will probably get the FRPP shorty headers at that time.

Thanks,
h4ck.b0x7

1 - 6 of 6 Posts