Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 87 Mustang LX. My door locks are very tight. The doors still lock and unlock, but it requires alot of force and jiggling on both sides of the door to get it to work and you can only do it with the key. They've been like this the entire time I've had the car, and i've never bothered to lock it anywhere I go, due to the frustration to get it open.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Power Door locks that don't work?

I had that problem on both doors, replaced the PDL actuator in the driver's door and the problem went away. I still have the issue on the passenger door, just haven't had the time to take care of it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have problem with the passenger door and it won't lock AT ALL. I'm going to have to fix it before I drive to school. :frustrated:

·
Registered
21 Posts
My passenger door does not lock either. It's probably because the first owner never locked the doors. He said that locking the doors only keeps the honest people out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Power Door locks that don't work?

I had that problem on both doors, replaced the PDL actuator in the driver's door and the problem went away. I still have the issue on the passenger door, just haven't had the time to take care of it.
Thanks a lot. Got on eBay and ordered some Actuators. Put em on today, and the locks work like a charm. Good call :bigthumbsup

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.