Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody! I have an 87' foxbody that has more cosmetic and paint work into it so far then performance so now that she looks good time to make her go faster. But to my questions....

I have a 72' 302 .36 over block fresh out of the machine shop. It was magnfluxed, hottanked, decked, bored and had casting slag cut off and rounded, it just needs to be torque plate honed for final piston to cylinder wall specs. I just want to know about what it is worth, i want to move up and get a mexican block.

I also have a pair of gt40p heads that i have fully glass beaded and painted blue, had the spring seats machined to take larger springs, Bronze guide liners, also two guide liners were needed. I have larger 1.94 intake valves and larger 1.60 exhaust valves for them.They just need a 3 angle valve job. They have mild runner porting and heavy/mild bowl work done on both exhaust and intake runners. Heads were machined to take threaded studs and pushrod guideplates. I also plugged up the heat cross over in the exhaust port in both heads. What do you guys think these are worth?

P.S.- All machine work was done by me so you know it was accurate and double checked since i was planning on using it in my mustang. Nothing but the best when it is for your own car

·
Registered
13 Posts
Depends on how well you did the porting and if you're a skilled machinist.
If it ain't done right the parts are useless.
If done properly, $250 for the heads, and $150 for the block just to recoop expenses.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats about what i thought they are worth. Im not skilled but im not a rookie. I apprenticed to a skilled machinist for four months so i would say im a novice. He was watching over my shoulder on both projects to make sure i was doing them correctly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts