Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my stang has 50's on the rear and they rub when i get on it or hid a bump i will be installing new shocks if i replace th e rear springs will this help the tire rub the ones that are on it now are stock,also when im on the interstate the stering wheel is super sensitive i have 65's on the front is their a solution for this issue its so sensitive its almost dangerous @ high speeds .

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Sounds like the rear shocks are worn, they allow the rear to sag a little but when you hit a bump they'll allow the body to come down more, making contact with the tire.
The steering rack would have to be changed to a slower rate to slow down the steering, it's the ratio you're fighting. Tires won't make a difference in the ratio.

·
Registered
55 Posts
my buddy's 89 GT was like that, the shocks were no good in the rear, and his tire are 265/50/15 so they're kind of sticking out to the fender, so he hit a bump, the tires will hit the fender. of if somebody sits in the back seat will do the same

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
stang quieston

thanks to all you have been a great help just one more thing how can i slow the stering rate down

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.