Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 1988 LX 2.3 Convertible this weekend (2nd owner 88k miles). Everything about the car looks great (Interior/Body/Top).

However, the only thing I noticed on the test drive was that the cruise didn't work. Well the lady selling it called her son who had been driving it and he said "it used to work" so I figured no big deal.

To make a long story short. This kid hooked up his stereo wrong there are huge stereo wires running everywhere and melted the left side of the fuse box (the cool stereo isn't there anymore though) and he finally ran the power to the battery). The horn/cigarette lighter fuse was so bad that I pulled out the fuse in two pieces and can't fit a new fuse in the slot anymore.

Four of the fuses on the left side were melted and the only ones that are still giving me fits are the horn/cigarette lighter and the cruise.

I just got the car this weekend so I am still doing "research" on my problem. I haven't' checked anything with a voltmeter. I just shoved new fuses in to see what would work.

Maybe I am just venting more than asking a question :)

Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this?

Thanks in advance!

Craig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.