Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have bought a new short block, got it all back together the car cranks but won't start. i sprayed starting fluid into the intake manifold and she started right up. It wants to run i have fuel pressure but i don't think my injectors are pulsing, i bought a new computer thinking it might be that but that didnt work. it has also been sitting for about 2 years with a full tank of gas, i put a bottle of dry gas in so i don't think its the gas. Thanks for any ideas you guys may have

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Are you sure the fuel pump is also working? Sitting that long may have affected the pump enough so it's not operating like it should.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
do you have a gauge to verify your pressure?

·
Registered
5 Posts
see if you can get a noid light that plugs into the injector wiring harness. turn engine over if light flashes injectors are probably bad. if light does not flash checkand make sure you have all the grounds reconnected.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ground at starter, head to frame, neg battery, and computer ground to frame, thats all of them right?

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Turn the key to the on position to where you hear the fuel pump cycle on. Now I'm assuming you have a gauge of some sort to verify how much pressure you have if not I highly recommend it. Mark the distributor housing to the block and the position of the rotor, now pull it out. You may have to disconnect the tfi plug and than reconnect it once the distributor is out. With the with the bottom part of the distributor touching the intake spin the distributor rotor slowly by hand you should hear all of your injectors pulsing it will sound like a bunch of clicks. Check each of them individually. If you hear it you're good to go, if not than you have bad injectors. But before you attempt this I highly recommend you make absolutely sure that your fuel pump is giving proper pressure and triple check ALL your grounds.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If the TPS failed and full 5 vdc vref voltage is going back to the EEC, the injectors will not fire - it's a feature Ford put in - if you hold the acclerator to the floor while cranking for a start, the EEC sees that as a signal to not fire the injectors.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.