Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, with the mods listed below, MT Et streets (235/60/15) on the way and POSSIBLY a short throw before then, I'm going to run at Cecil County Dragway on the 12th. I think I can land a 13.7 to a 13.9. I don't think thats too far fetched. Any thoughts? :scratchchin

·
Registered
315 Posts
I think its possible. How much weight reduction?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
i would say low 14s maybe a 13.9 if the condition is good and your a good driver.

·
Registered
704 Posts
+1 on what weight reduction?

and if its your first time at the track...i doubt u will get 13s....

but after some practice you should def be high 13s...

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back seat, jack, tire, insulation and carpeting is gone from the hatch. Also my friend on his 87 GT (midpipe, weight reduction, U/D pullies, short throw, same tires and 3.73s ran a 13.52 at 103 with a 1.83 60 foot. Thats why I figure mine might not be that far off. And this will be at a better prepped track and elevation then what he ran on.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Just know two cars with the same exact parts won't necessarily run the same times.
Either way, the point is to have fun.

·
Registered
365 Posts
well i would say low 14's... gears and lots of practice should get you into the 13's. let us know how it goes! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
111 Posts
Getting hooked with such a narrow tire is going to be the real issue. I've got a pretty much stock 5.0L H.O. 5spd(BBK H pipe, cat delete, A/C,Smog and P/S delete, Spectre filter) with 3.73's and it's even easy for me to slip the 245x60x15's I"ve got on the car.
So these cars can run low 14's to high 13's, wow, I knew it was a lot quicker then my '05 Dodge Neon,LOL.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Back seat, jack, tire, insulation and carpeting is gone from the hatch. Also my friend on his 87 GT (midpipe, weight reduction, U/D pullies, short throw, same tires and 3.73s ran a 13.52 at 103 with a 1.83 60 foot. Thats why I figure mine might not be that far off. And this will be at a better prepped track and elevation then what he ran on.
Don't forget to take out the gas tank. Saves you a lot of weight...

j/k :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.