Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the E303 cam...what time timing chain should i go with and what rocker arms and heads...best bang for your buck...

Any opinions would be gladly appreciated...

thanks...

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You have a timing chain and a gear drive. The chain set comes with crank and cam sprockets, and the chain. Make sure if you go this route, you get a double roller chain. A chain costs less than the gear drive, and doesn't require any modifications.
A gear drive has the crank and cam sprockets, but either a single or dual idler gears inbetween. The timing is more consistent with a gear drive, you just have to make sure it gets proper lubrication or it'll overheat the gears... this isn't common so don't worry about that. You do have to modify the timing cover to put a gear drive on. They usually cost between $150-$250 but they have a longer lifespan than a chain due to no stretch.

For the heads, you have many options that'll work with that cam. What's the budget?

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Oh yeah, a 1988 will require a mass air conversion for that cam.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Have intake manifold edelbrock...just want to install heads cam and rockers arms and timing chain kit...just want to see my options for a good combo...

Also is it possible to take out cam and install the new one...

it has the maf...cali car need to make sure it passes smog...:frustrated:

my budget is like 1,500 maybe lil more...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.