Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installing the intake now would improve the performance.....

but you correct about the bottle neck occuring at the stock heads.....

you could have the intake ported but you would be better to save the money towards a set of decent heads.....

·
Registered
86 Posts
hey guys, buddy of mine is offering me a 5.0l explorer upper and lower intake for free. I know they are almost the same if not the same design as the gt40.

Just wondering , my car is pretty much stock now for the exception of headers, exhuast, and a intake and gears.

Sensing im 23 and just bought a house, budget for building the mustang is minimal right now.

Would there be any gain from bolting the explorer intakes onto my otherwise stock 5.0L . For at least the next year i have to keep the factory e7 heads. Would there be any benifit from this ? Is it worth the itme to bolt the intakes on for now with the stock heads?

also i know a guy who will port and polish them for a good price. Would this cause a issue ? Would the ports on the intake be bigger then the ports on the heads causing a "block wall" for the air ?? should i just run the intakes stock ??

just looking for any advice.

thanks in advance guys.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
installing the intake now would improve the performance.....

but you correct about the bottle neck occuring at the stock heads.....

you could have the intake ported but you would be better to save the money towards a set of decent heads.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.