Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, so i have a 1988 ford mustang 2.3. i have swapped in a turbo motor and a 5 speed. car runs good but i feel its lacking some power. with the vam hose unhooked the impeller wheel is visible. the wheel is chewed up somewhat and missing some material that keeps the fins closed up every other fin pattern. turbo is a garrett turbo with part number 1819744C91 and it has tc4305 on it. the intake side is a .70 ar not sure on the exhaust side. i am in need of the intake side wheel and would like to know where to purchase on to replace mine.

·
Registered
695 Posts
With a .70 a/r on the intake side it's not off an SVO, TC or XR4ti. T3's came with a .60 a/r. It could be off of anything! A pic would help. Before ordering a new compressor wheel, make sure it's the proper turbo for your motor. Evergreen can give you all the info you need and they also sell compressor wheels.

Evergreen Turbo Co. OEM and High Performance Turbocharges

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so do you think it's a better turbo or worst. it is bigger in size than a stock IHI turbo i have. dunno if the a/r's are better the higher or better lower it is a 3 inch in and like 2 1/2 out to throttle body turbo. going through intercooler though of course mounted up front. is water and oil cooled as the factory ones also. have no idea what its off of so dunno if it would be better or not. someone told me it was a t31 dunno if they knew what they are talking about or not. i will try to get a pic of it but it is installed and i am running it as it is and has been with the wheel chewed up. it is making 15 lbs boost fine but i don't think it's really compressing alot with the wheel in that shape.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Everything is bigger than an IHI! Basically, the higher the compressor a/r #, the more air is induced. Take a pic, post it here and talk to the guys at Evergreen. They're very knowlegable.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.