Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i drive over bumps of any size there is a loud noise that sounds like rattling from the front end. I can feel it a little in the firewall, however when i lift the car and grab parts nothing seems to rattle. I recently replaced the bushings on the sway bar and sway bar stabilizers. has anyone had this problem, something similar, or any idea what this is. the noise is driving me crazy and the fact that i can't pin point it is that much more annoying. please help.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
DId you have the problem w/ it before the bushing swap? Sway bar usually causes a bumping in the floor. Could be a arm bushings, loose struts, ball joints, etc. Cats rattle when they fall apart but that noise usually happens at idle or take off.

·
Registered
118 Posts
whenever i drive over bumps of any size there is a loud noise that sounds like rattling from the front end. I can feel it a little in the firewall, however when i lift the car and grab parts nothing seems to rattle. I recently replaced the bushings on the sway bar and sway bar stabilizers. has anyone had this problem, something similar, or any idea what this is. the noise is driving me crazy and the fact that i can't pin point it is that much more annoying. please help.
You came across one of the most annoying issues to be had. Best bet is to get a buddy to sick his head under the car while you press down on the front end so you can pin point where the sound is coming from.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes the noise was there before i changed the swaybar bushings. i could grap the sway bar and move it about an inch in any direction. i also changed out the struts. i will check the tightness today and see if that changes anything else. also i'll try the sticking my buddies head under there while i shake the car. thanks for the input and i'll let you know what comes of it.

-Justin :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i have pin pointed the problem

i found that the brake caliper by design is not a tight fit so after it begins to wear any time you hit bumps the caliper rattles. i have not replaced it yet so i cant say that is the end all but it is for sure what is rattling under there. when i replace it i will let all know what the change did.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.