Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:headscratch:My 1988 5.0 will fire right up in the morning, can drive around just fine, but if i shut it off, and then fire it back up 10 or so minutes later it will not run. It almost acts like it is flooded, it will start then sputter, just tuned it up thinking that would help but didnt, i did plugs, wires, Distributor cap, rotor and battery. Yet it still does this. If it were carborated I would say that the float is sticking, but on the EFI i have no clue. Any help would be appreciated. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
154 Posts
Have you checked your starter? I could be heat soaked. Same is happening to mine. Starts up fine the first time but after driving around for a while and trying to restart, it won't until the car is cooled down again. I've got a PMGR mini-starter on order.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
Hmmmm...you still speed density????

·
Registered
545 Posts
Check the PIP sensor and TFI module on the dist. When they go bad the car will run, but when it gets hot it won't start again until the engine cools off. It might be one of the two.

·
Registered
10 Posts
:scratchchincheck your fuel press regulater sounds like its leaking gas into the intake when you shut her down causing the flood out feeling

·
Registered
68 Posts
check fuel pressure regulator, possibly bad gas (it can get that bad), also I had a similar issue when my ignition module was going bad. It is an intermittent problem and finally it won't work at all. Like another person said the starter as well my 95 gt did the same thing..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.