Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so im toying with the idea of doing a budget brake overhaul since i worked the motor over and suspension this is next on my list and brakes are metal to metal. On my 88 gt i plan on going with the svo 73mm caliper, mm braided brake lines, drilled and slotted rotors, hawk pads, stainless steel caliper pins, new drums for the rear HUGE rust lip on the old ones, new shoes and spring kit, wheel cylinders, and ofcourse a nice fluid flush after im done. I know there will be a diffrence in performance over the stock setup. I was just wondering if anyone has a setup close to this and how big the gains were?

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Not going to be much gain unless you do a rear disc swap or use some 4 piston calipers in the front and a 93 cobra MC and even a 11" rear drum from a ranger

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
It'd be better than a stock setup, if that's all you can afford then it's an upgrade. Not up to the level of a 4 wheel disc, but better than the lousy setup. The main upgrade would be the oversize piston and better lines.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for being honest, i kinda figured it wasnt gonna be much but if its better than what i have now i wont complain its not like im dumping a ton of money into it. im only 21 and like i said dumped more money into the motor and suspension soooo i guess ill have to get by with what i got haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.