Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i recently converted my 88 mustang gt to a carb im just curious to know if any one on here has a wiring diagram so i know what i need do to it not being fuel injection and now the distributer is vac advanced so if any one has a diagram of what i need and don't need it would be much appreciated

Steve

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here's some...

I have a bunch from 79-88 on my computer, not sure if this is what you were looking for or not.
I was also looking for them to know what extras I could rip out.
Not sure where you are from, but I don't need to worry about emissions where I live so I'm ripping all the extra crap out. No real need for an EEC either...

I would rather go with a HEI (Not sure if I got the name right) Distributor so you have a single wire to hook up to coil and don't need a dura spark ignition.

Oh well, back to wiring my new multi function switch.
Let me know if you need something else and I will check if I have it.

:::EDIT:::
Not sure what else you have done, but don't forget to get a fuel pressure regulator (or an in line low pressure pump, or mechanical pump with a new new timing cover) since a carb does NOT require anywhere near as much PSI as a FI setup does...

Also, have you ran the engine yet with a carb on it?

Attachments

·
Registered
107 Posts
Well you don't really need the last two pics. Those are body wiring pics. Sorry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i dont need to really wory about emiossions my bro works at a shop so i can get him to pass it i sent u a pm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.