Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a mass air set up and intake with 24# injectors. I am just wondering how to tell if the Mass air is programed to the 24# injectors. is the a mark, or a number on the Mass air

i believe its C&L

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
If it's a c&l it should have a color on the sample tube. for the 76mm c&l the sample tube should be blue for 24# injectors.

·
Registered
455 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you.

and if its a BBK, where can i get a 24# sensor to put in it, or is that done by the computer?

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
BBK makes mass air meters?

If it's a Granatelli, PMAS, Summit, it's electronically calibrated and has to be done back at the manufacturer. It'd be easier to buy a new meter rather than send it back for recalibration. If it's a C&L meter, you can swap out the tube.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well is the stock mass air chrome?
i bought upper and lower intake 24 LB injectors and it came with a bbk cold air and a chrome mass air...... its chrome no markings what looks like the original mass air modual (says ford) on it

i am used to the Mass air on GM's still learning about this ford things are a little different....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Stock, no the mass air isn't stock. When you get pictures of that lower intake, get a picture of the meter, especially the sensor on top of the housing.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I will

Thanks Eagle

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
here are the best pictures i could of the mass air last night

Attachments

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
here is the code off the sensor right under where it says Ford (again there is nothing on the chrome)

E8ZF-12B579-AA
AFH55-02
8A13

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Ok, someone changed the sensor in that. The housing is either a Pro M Bullet, Granatelli or even a Summit meter and then a stock Ford sensor. Go ahead and try it but if you start the car and you have ANY problems at all, I'd go right for that meter being the problem. The sensor is probably for 19 pounders but no telling if it'd work right since it's been fiddled with.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok, it worked on the last car. it was a buddy of mines that bought the car for his wife and she wanted an automatic, he put one in, and also decided to carborate it.....

thanks for your help

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Ok, just wanted you to be sure you knew what you were getting.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
eagle, thank you for your help.

what other cars run a 24# MASS AIR the would work with my 88?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.