Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about ready to put my car in the barn with the cover on and it leave it there....

I converted to mass air 3 years ago and cannot get it to idle

I have set the idle, with instructions from Ford, probably more then 30 times.

Last week I changed the header gaskets, it was running okay before hand (other then the fact I had to put it in neutral when I stopped because I could not get it to idle below about 700-800 and the converter still wanted to push the car)

After I changed the header gaskets, The car will now idle down to about 600 (which is great) but then after a few seconds (15-20) it will start to surge, bad enough to stall the car a couples times

I reset the idle again, I haven't drove it much but I am doubting it's going to run right, since it never has.

Does anyone have any advice?

I don't get any check engine lights and have checked for vacuum leaks, the vacuum line to the MAP sensor is unplugged and capped, all connections have dielectric grease and grounds should be in good shape.

I am about ready to rip the computer out and get a carb like my dad told me to do 3 years ago...it would have been cheaper that way!

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Just because there is no CEL doenst mean there arent codes, Run them. Also the idle set is low, bump it up to 700rpms with IAC disconnected, Then reset TPS voltage. But run the Codes

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will check for codes this week

If I set the idle any higher the converter wants to start pushing the car, it idles great where it's set now (600-700 range)(when it actually idles) and it's not on the converter

I will try it but doubt I'll be able to get it much higher

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.