Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys my name is tyler i just recently acquired a 1988 Mustang GT from my uncle and i want to know a little more about them. also i want to upgrade the car later down the road so i want to know if there is anything i can do or cant do to this car. i know very little about these cars any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Do you see all those threads above us under stickies ^^^^^^^^^^

well read those and read the ones over on the TECH side and that should brush you up on some real 5.0 knowledge.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Do you see all those threads above us under stickies ^^^^^^^^^^

well read those and read the ones over on the TECH side and that should brush you up on some real 5.0 knowledge.
+1

And basically all you need to do if its stock is-

• Complete tune up with Autolight 25 copper core plugs, 10w30 oil should be fine.
  • Delete smog pump setup if you don't have emission checks in your state.
  • Electric fan and a higher output alternator.
  • Mass air flow conversion
  • Gears
  • Just a basic exhaust setup and intake
That should give you a healthy 5.0 :bigthumbsup And like said above, check out the stickies to read up on most of this. Oh and welcome to the forum too!

·
Registered
13,138 Posts
Welcome to the home of the 5.Ohhhh and don't forget to bump up your timing.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
5.0's are great little cars.

they are extremely cheap to mod, assuming you have half a brain and a toolbox full of tools

with your car if you want to make any power whatsoever you have to convert to mass air instead of speed density. you can find conversion kits on ebay or at junkyards. pretty simple install.

after that the sky is the limit. intake heads and cams are all easily changeable. you can get big money name brand heads/intakes, or find junkyard cobra and explorer parts for cheap.

its really about what you want to do with the car and how much money you have to spend.

to the guy that asked about the timing. i believe mine is set at 16* btdc on 93 octane

1 - 7 of 7 Posts