Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Way back in 1988 I was going through midlife crisis. Figuring I needed new wheels, I shopped around for as much car as I could afford for $25 grand. I was test driving mostly two seaters, but almost got hooked on Chevy's sexy little Firechicken.

On a whim, I stopped into BrownBros. Ford in Victoria, and test drove the 88 Mustang GT. I bought one that day, with all the performance options I could afford, especially the lower gear ratio. Blue, of course.

It was the only car of it's type that could be driven in civilized company and yet put fear in the hearts of the total performance community. Heck, even my Mother liked it. I remember her borrowing it for a test drive when I visited them (Dad was at work.). She came back grinning ear to ear and said "don't let Dad drive that little demon, ok?"

To this day, I still consider the 88 Cobra to be my favorite Mustang, and my car still wears less than 90,000 original miles, has not been in a major accident (one little fender bender), and is now undergoing minor restoration (it was broken into two years ago, and the steering-wheel column cover was ripped off in an attempt to hot wire the thing). Next year I can get classic plates for it, and I intend on driving it as my major car, just using the E150 van for fishing and hunting.

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the forums... Glad you joined us!!

·
Registered
25,075 Posts
:hello: and :welcome!! , Enjoy the site! Be sure to post
some pictures into your gallery soon!! :happydancer:

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Hey there welcome to the AFM family. A great place to visit.

·
Super Moderator
40,073 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
458 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site!!!

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Odd how you can get hooked so easy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.