Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I drive my car at wot the car starts to miss above 3k rpm and I hear a popping sound in the exhaust. Any ideas would be graet. Current mods are 1988 mustang gt, gt40x heads, e 303 cam, 30 lb injectors, 70 mm tb, bbk ssi intake, 1.6 roller rockers, stock bottom end, 82,000 miles

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Are those the only mods you have, or are there more? Or plans for some more in the near future? I ask that because with those mods you listed, those 30 pound injectors are way too much for it. 30 pounders shouldn't be used unless you're at 390 hp and above, a fat air fuel mix like they would create would cause that popping.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i didnt want to be the only one to say something about the injectors but like someone else said in a different post (and from what ive read) the 19lb/hr injectors are good to 300HP and then the next step up is 24 not 30!

is your car mass air or speed density? cause if its a speed density i heard they dont take kindly to modification and you have all kinds of mods

·
Registered
44 Posts
i belive you would have to run a bigger fuel pump for the 30 lbs inj. anyways but be sides that it could be the timing

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok guys. Thanks for the ideas so far. To answer a few of your questions. My other mods I currently have ar a mass air conversion, equal length shorties, bbk x pipe, flowmaster cat back, bbk cai, 190 lph fuel pump. I have a supercharger that I will be putting on as soon as my andersen power pipe comes in. Then I will be getting a sct custom chip burnt. I just want to make sure it is running well when I take it to get tuned. Do you guys think the injectors are too big for my supercharger with a 9lb pulley?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.