Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

I just found that my Smog Pump is frozen. Instead of replacing it I am considering deleting it and reducing some of the vacuum lines since I am already running an X-Pipe with no Cats. My question is what are the vacuum lines and heater tubes that I need to delete? I was going to use a shorter belt since I didn't want to spend extra $$ for a pulley. I have read that some people have gone as far as deleting the EGR as well. If I delete my smog pump; do I need to delete my EGR, TAD Solenoid, TAB Solenoid? Regarding Belt Length, I am not using A/C so I have determined through the other postings I have read I am going to need a 72 inch Belt. The belt routing diagram I have posted shows a pic on the bottom right for the set up I would use. I was told that length was 72.

Appreciate any advice anyone might have on what I need to delete or cap off so I can delete the smog pump. I do plan on using this as a daily driver in Hawaii (no emissions testing here.)

Semper Fi,

John

Attachments

·
Registered
511 Posts
Howdy,

I just found that my Smog Pump is frozen. Instead of replacing it I am considering deleting it and reducing some of the vacuum lines since I am already running an X-Pipe with no Cats. My question is what are the vacuum lines and heater tubes that I need to delete? I was going to use a shorter belt since I didn't want to spend extra $$ for a pulley. I have read that some people have gone as far as deleting the EGR as well. If I delete my smog pump; do I need to delete my EGR, TAD Solenoid, TAB Solenoid? Regarding Belt Length, I am not using A/C so I have determined through the other postings I have read I am going to need a 72 inch Belt. The belt routing diagram I have posted shows a pic on the bottom right for the set up I would use. I was told that length was 72.

Appreciate any advice anyone might have on what I need to delete or cap off so I can delete the smog pump. I do plan on using this as a daily driver in Hawaii (no emissions testing here.)

Semper Fi,

John
belt length is 73-73.5". If you delete just the smog there are only two vacuum lines to delete/plug. as for the cross over tube at the back of the heads it would be easiest to just cap it off with something.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The 72 inch belt was too short. Definitely need a longer belt, at least 4 more inches. Just picked up a 76 1/2 inch belt and am going to try that tomorrow. Noticed that my tensioner pulley won't play like the one in the schematic since it pushes down and towards the pass side, going to play with it tomorrow to see what I can come up with. Any solutions out there for belt routing with smog and A/C deleted please pass on to a brother.

Decided to keep the EGR, TAD, and TAB, and cap off from there. Thought about fabricating a plate to block off the EGR, but don't have the time at present and have heard that without the EGR the engine may run a little hotter. Definitely want to keep the heat down since I am heading back to Houston soon.

Semper Fi,
John

·
Registered
511 Posts
The 72 inch belt was too short. Definitely need a longer belt, at least 4 more inches. Just picked up a 76 1/2 inch belt and am going to try that tomorrow. Noticed that my tensioner pulley won't play like the one in the schematic since it pushes down and towards the pass side, going to play with it tomorrow to see what I can come up with. Any solutions out there for belt routing with smog and A/C deleted please pass on to a brother.

Decided to keep the EGR, TAD, and TAB, and cap off from there. Thought about fabricating a plate to block off the EGR, but don't have the time at present and have heard that without the EGR the engine may run a little hotter. Definitely want to keep the heat down since I am heading back to Houston soon.

Semper Fi,
John
i didnt realize that the way your running it keeps your p/s pump in stock location. A 73" belt works with the ford racing a/c delete that moves on p/s pump up to where the a/c was. every diagram i have either has the p/s pump moved up or the a/c compressor still in place.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Awesome diagram! Thanks for posting it. Had not seen this one. Also didn't think about moving up the PS up and using an aftermarket delete to do so. I just switched out another belt tonight, if this one doesn't work I'm going to research the delete kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts