Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i'm getting some trouble codes and i have the haynes manual so i know what they are but i don't know what they mean. I got a code 94 which says "secondary air system inoperative". I don't know what it is refering to. I think i also threw a code 66 "No mass air flow sensor signal". I really don't think i have a maf. I think the previous owner took it out because i don't see anything in there like the pics i've seen of the maf for an 88. Obviously i'm having some sort of air problem. My stang will die every once in a while and it has the symptoms of vapor lock. I'm wondering if an air problem could also produce symptoms of vapor lock. I'm pretty sure it's not a fuel problem i've ran a few tests and replaced a few things. Can anyone help me. I'm really baffled on the code 94 that's my main concern. Thanks.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'm seeing this for those codes.

94 - Thermactor Air System, problem on right bank (passenger side)
66 - Mass Air Flow or Vane Air Flow sensor, voltage too low

You wouldn't worry about the 66, not all codes apply to every car. It's a speed density car so you won't have that voltage to get input from.
About the thermactor, it could be a loss of vacuum on the passenger side or even a plugged port.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
I would be checking the crossover tube on the back of the heads, then make sure the air diverter valves are recieving the vacuum from the TAB and TAD solenoids.

Is this car a California 88 model?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So i found a vacuum leak. I attached a pic but i don't know if i did it right. The leak was right where the light is with the orange hose i put in to fix the leak. Could that be the cause of my problems? Oh and i don't think it is a california car but how would i know?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.