Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '88 5.0 mustang LX, it was running when I got it and it came with a Mass airflow conversion on it.... or so I thought.
I did a motor swap and as I was putting the wiring back together I couldn't find out where to splice the cut off MAF wires.
After further investigation, I found that the MAF cable had no place to come through the firewall. Then I took a look at the computer, it looks like the MAF was never even connected to the ECU. The computer is a: e7sf-12a650-a1b

I searched it and apparently its not a MAF computer!

So what do I need to do to get this to work? Is it worth buying a new computer and the proper wiring? Can I set it up for speed density in the mean time, and how?
I really want this thing running as soon as possible.
Please please help!

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
well..obviously you need a MAF computer(A9L, A9P, A9M, A3M,etc.)

if you have the MAF plug and meter,then all you really need to do is wire it up

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, whats the best bang for my buck? I'm pretty sure they are 19# injectors. and I'm on a rather tight budget.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
Just run the speed density setup. For a stock setup, the speed density is just fine.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well its not really stock, cobra heads and cobra upper and lower, as well as a few bolt ons like A/C delete...

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
the 19's will be ok
get yourself a computer..try ebay,junkyard,corral classifieds,etc..they're all over the place

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.