Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a few months collecting parts for my Mustang, and as of so far, the major components still are pending. While the money is a slight issue, I am truly attempting to locate the right combination of parts to build a RELIABLE and MILDLY WORKED engine.

So far I own:
76MM MAFS
65MM Throttle Body
Cobra Intake Manifold
FRPP Short Tube Headers
24lb Injectors

FRPP Oil Pan
FRPP Oil Pump

I am still debating amongst the cylinder heads, camshaft, roller rockers, and the block's specific components like pistons and rods. My cheap way to boost performance is to focus on parts that would bump the compression.

Therefore, the cylinder heads would likely be FRPP GT40X 58cc and the pistons would be any flat top valve-relief style from Speed Pro (sold at Summit).

The car will see mostly street use and limited to no track time. Which is better the 1.6 or 1.7 roller rockers for my setup? Should I stick with a FRPP camshaft or is there another company providing moderately priced camshafts?
My car will have an upgraded brake system, meaning, the brake booster would be from a later Mustang. I am aware that this item may affect my vacuum boost.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Those heads will work great if you don't plan to run boost or nitrous, and should give you up to about 10:1 compression with the right pistons.

Those Speed-Pro's from Summit are great if you're on a budget, I have them and have taken them past 7000rpm with a stock crank and Scat rods.

If you're going with an aftermarket cam, other than one of the Ford Racing cams, you'll probably want to use 1.6 ratio rocker arms since those are what most cams are designed for. For a cam choice, let me know when you get your final setup decided and I can see what Comp Cams Camquest recommends.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.