Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello.
last winter i installed a used rear from a guy on foxbodyforum .com him and multiple members who have ridden in the car all said he rear is good.
now this spring when ive started driving it, it has a BAAAAD vibration at highway speeds. its not the steering wheel or anything, its the whole car.

this is what ive tried so far:
alignment, stock wheels and tires fully balanced, new rims and tires fully balanced, rotated the driveshaft 180* 90* ect to line up different holes, i had the car on jackstands and accelorated to 60 mph just freely spinning the tires and it still did it. with the car on jackstands and it in 1st/parking brake on the driveshaft is all tight.

it vibrates clutch in or out, in gear or out of gear. any gear that i can hit 60 in it will vibrate.

last fall it was fine. im about to spend $120 to get my u joints changed and ds balanced, but i wanted to check and see if thats what i should do. could the rear end be shot?
PLEASE HELP!
thanks

·
Registered
224 Posts
Sounds to me like its your drive shaft is bent. Ive seen that happen from hot rodding i had that happen to me on my 88 gt.Or it could be your clutch pressure plate might be bad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i took the ds out tonight. prolly gonna bring it to get it balanced. i started the car and put it in gear with no drive shaft, and there were no vibrations. so either the ds or the rear. could the rear be bad?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
the rear would make more noise then vibrations if it was bad.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if i cant find a ds, i think i will just get it balanced. i hope thats it, and its not the rear.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.