Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in the day I owned a white 1988 Saleen hatchback #504. I really loved this car, and to this day, I think about her. I was wondering if anyone knew anything about this car. I know it's a long shot......:scratchchin

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Well according to the Saleen Registry you are still the owner.
ship date 05/18/88
Owner Harvey S. (I wont say your last name)
Windshield decal shipped in trunk/ sunroof.
That is is my friend. Sorry I could not help you out more.

·
Registered
504 Posts
lol...he wants his Fox back

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
So whatcha get rid of it for?

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Hey I like those 88 year models. That was the first year that I wanted the Saleen. Nothing in the book when he sold it. They give you paper work well at least they did with mine when I bought it. The paperwork lets Saleen know that the car has been sold so they can keep up with the registry when ever they update it.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I really would like to have her back. It was a favorite, but had to sell her to help pay for school. I kept my '71's, but had no garage space at the time to keep the Saleen. It was one of the hardest things to do. I have a copy of the Saleen book, and it does list the guy I sold it to, Brian S. He has since sold the car and has no record of who bought it.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Yeah, I really would like to have her back. It was a favorite, but had to sell her to help pay for school. I kept my '71's, but had no garage space at the time to keep the Saleen. It was one of the hardest things to do. I have a copy of the Saleen book, and it does list the guy I sold it to, Brian S. He has since sold the car and has no record of who bought it.
I have the Saleen registry and has you name in it. What Saleen book do you have?:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have "The Saleen Book- 1984 to 2003" by Driveway Books.

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Oh ok mine is by Brad Bowling. Maybe he want to sell her and you can get it back someday.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Unfortunately he sold the car and has no record of the guy he sold it to.
That's a great looking Saleen you have Jim! Mods or factory stock?

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Unfortunately he sold the car and has no record of the guy he sold it to.
That's a great looking Saleen you have Jim! Mods or factory stock?
Pretty much just left it alone. I am thinking about putting some headers on it and maybe a few other goodies. I do not drive it that much so I do not really want to do nothing to ie. Plus California is so strict on there Smog rules I hate putting stuff on her and then having to pull it off for the inspection.:gringreen

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I hear you. I am pretty much a factory stock guy. I did several mods to my 2002 gt (now sold), but for the cars I have now, I think I will keep them stock. It must be tough to do any performance upgrades due to the strict CA regulations, but I think headers would be nice. I never understood why Saleen didn't put them on all their cars to begin with.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
You know any local cops???? If they like you, maybe one of them could run the VIN for you.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You know any local cops???? If they like you, maybe one of them could run the VIN for you.
I do, actually. That is a brilliant idea! Thanks, dude. (I feel like an idiot for not thinking of that before).

·
Registered
28 Posts
hey can one of you guys find out a little about mine for me? 87-119 211105 last six thanks

·
Registered
335 Posts
87saleenct -
I too have Brad Bowling's book from 2003. It shows the first two owners: Martin S and Eric H. I believe both were in Mass. Car was shipped on 7/29/87. The good news is that the VIN does match the Saleen car # so not a fake. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
533 Posts
hey can one of you guys find out a little about mine for me? 87-119 211105 last six thanks

If somebody's checking on our "lost" Saleens,how 'bout 97-0068B

Good luck 1mach1

·
Registered
468 Posts
better give masshole a dounut for that one, a glazed dounut.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
If somebody's checking on our "lost" Saleens,how 'bout 97-0068B

Good luck 1mach1
My book says shipped 1/20/97. No other info except it had chrome wheels and 3:55 gears

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
That Saleen book really comes in handy at times. Plus it is a nice book to read.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.