Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having trouble getting my motor out. I have removed the wires and fluid connections but cant figure out where the bolts are to remove the motor. I know it must be right in front of me.

Once I get the new motor in, how hard is it to bleed and fill the fluid back in?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I replaced mine the week after I got my 91 5.0 Vert. The easiest way is the take the back seat out. The bolts should be on the base of the motor. It's pretty heavy for such a small size. Once you get that out and install the new one the most teadiest part was the filling of hyd fluid. I had to use a pencil and drop the fluid down off the pencil because I couldn't get in there and find the filler. I just pulled the plug out and filled it by dripping fluid down a pencil. Have plenty of towels for spillage.

·
Registered
14 Posts
On my 93, the motor sits on top of a plate and is held in place by funnel shaped rubber grommets/plugs at each corner, it doesn't have bolts at all. I don't know if mine is a factory set up or not.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Using a nose dropper is a little tedious but is clean and works great. Get the biggest one that will fit in the hole.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts