Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently went to my local junkyard and got an electric fan to replace the engine driven one that I'm currently running. I was just going to get a wiring harness from autozone or something, but I don't really feel like paying 35$ for a bundle of wires just yet. Anyone got a method for hooking this up? Sorry, I'm not really that great with wiring so I'm a little lost here. Thanks a ton!
-Kirby

P.S. I had to remove the clip holding the fan on and I'm not exactly sure how it goes back on... It looks fine how I have it but I'd like to be sure. Thanks!

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Is it the 89 Mustang fan motor or off a differant car? If the 89 there is only 2 wires, one is 12 battery and other ground. There should be a connector that it plugs into. Maurice

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turns out my car has the plug and circuit board already.. ha. The circuit board is cooked though so I'll have splice in a new relay I suppose. Do you have the wiring diagram for that, maurice? I was reading an older thread earlier and I can't find it now... For now I have the fan on an accessory switch on the dash through a 20 amp fuse so I suppose that will work for now. Also I need to find/test the ECT.. any info on that?

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
Opps Not being ignored. I just sometimes don't go back and recheck a post. Sorry about that. I think and maybe just a few know of the TRW module. I think the fan TRW module should be in a stick it is a real common failure. Now for wiring diagram.
TRW module pictures by mgman75 - Photobucket
It is this link. Has pictures of my modification and wiring diagram. Been working on mine real good for several years now. Next time want to get my attention just PM. Be glad to help. Maurice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts