Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering swapping out the sport interior out of my 89 lx 5.0(just front seats and rear) and was wondering about the fitment of the back seat...I know the front seats are a direct bolt in I'm unsure about the rear though. Im looking for some pics so If you've done this swap and have pics don't be shy please share ;)

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
When I swapped 92's into an 89 the problem I ran into was rear seat belt placement. I can't remember now exactly what the issue was but I remember they attachment points were different for the seat belts.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I swapped 92's into an 89 the problem I ran into was rear seat belt placement. I can't remember now exactly what the issue was but I remember they attachment points were different for the seat belts.
Alright thanks for the info man...its not definite that I'm gonna do it but I don't know it could happen because I'm a fan of the 85-86 gt interiors and my friends uncles 86 has been sitting for almost 10 years so I'm gonna try to buy the whole car or the seats or just the headrests...I've been trying to get halo headrests for so long but cant find any local and I don't wanna spend $175 for them new...hes the only person around that i know who has them so I'm waiting on his answer of whether or not he'd sell them

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I hadn't realized the halo headrests were such an item. It's funny when you grow up around something you get the impression there are tons of them around and will always be that way. Of course Tennessee is not like the north. Down here several of my coworkers still drive what would be considered classics as their daily drivers. Those cars would have been eaten up by rust up north. One guy was still driving the 1971 Torino GT he bought new up until a year or so ago.:bigthumbsupHe finally bought a Fusion because his wife wanted newer features. He parked the Torino next to another Torino and a 51 Ford in his backyard.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Haha I feel you with that. I'm only 18 and grew up around these cars because they were everywhere back then because they were relatively new...I didn't realise how hard it was to find one until I went and bought my first one. A good amount of foxbodies up here are beat to death or in junkyards clean ones are far in between. Its great that there are people of all different ages that still respect these cars and treat them the way they deserve to be. And thats awesome that your coworker kept that car on the streets for so long.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts