Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After I parked my car for the winter it no longer starts without my hand over the intake. There is a ton of suction on my hand while the car is running. I've replaced the spark plugs and the spark plug wires (they needed it anyway), and I'm still having the problem. I also have verified that the fuel pump is working correctly. I'm not sure why the car only runs when fully choked... Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
563 Posts
mine also did this after sitting for a number of years, did the same things, plugs wires etc. turned out to be the MAP sensor was shot.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I had recently replaced the fuel pump because it was getting really weak, but I still checked the fuel pressure to see what I had. Turns out it didn't have any... I didn't think the new pump sounded as healthy as it should anyway, so I took it out and noticed that a hose clamp was in contact with the positive wire. When I moved the clamp around the pump really came to life.

I checked my fuel pressure again and had 40 psi so that was a positive. Then I replaced the MAP sensor (multiple tests led me to believe it was toast) and the car started right up! Thanks DBT4220! I'm sure it would've taken a lot longer to find the solution without your post.

·
Boss Member
4,627 Posts
DBT4220 Thanks would have never thought of that. Also thanks TN2.3 for letting us know. A problem with no solution and no one learns. By you letting all know everyone learns. Maurice

·
Registered
563 Posts
little late for saying no problem on this post lol but its better late than never so "no problem" glad my solution was helpful haha :bigthumbsup:kooky::laugh:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts