Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying my friends (Sleeper89lx) 1989 lx that had a 289 dropped in by his previous owner. The car was a originally a four banger according to what sleeper said. I want to know whats it gonna take to get this car running. It also had a different automatic transmission than the ones that come on 87-93 foxbodies and apparently the bell housing broke where one of the bolts go into. I'm pretty sure I'm going to a new throttle cable, and the fuel lines that hook up to the metal fuel lines. The motor is from a 1995 mustang 5.0 gt but I also have an upper intake manifold from a 87-93 5.0. Anyone care to help.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone care to chip in my picking up the car in an about hour?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 4 cylinder car that had a 289 4 barrel 750 demon carb and now i want to drop in a efi 302. As far as wiring i think i have mostly all that out the way, i have a speed density wiring and ecu. The stang already had dual exhaust all the way to the back. Do I really have to change all that other stuff to get it running. Can i Get away with just dropping in the motor the way it is. the transmission that will be used is a c4

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.