Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone.

Thought I would finally join a forum. I am currently building an 1989 GT that I rounded up for dirt cheap, needing primarily the shell. This is my third GT I have beefed up but this one should take the cake. As of now, my motor (331 DART, solid roller) is on a DYNO ready for tuning. My buddy who has the welding and paint talent has just finished my 12pt cage and is ready to throw some quick and easy fresh paint on it. hopefully I will have everything home in a week or so where I will start assembly. I have a garage full of parts from full exhaust, aeromotive gas tank/fuel cell, ignition components, body parts, interior, TKO Trans, etc ready to roll. I still look forward to re-wiring the entire car as I completely gutted it (which was a lot of fun by the way). Plumbing fuel delivery should be fun also. I havent dipped into much suspension, rear wheels, NO2 components, and much more yet.

Either way, I will keep updates and post more pics soon.

I will most likely be posting comments looking 4 suggestions in some areas new to me. This isn't my first rodeo, but everyone needs a little help and encouragement sometime!

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Sounds great! Good luck, and welcome to AFM!

·
Super Moderator
39,947 Posts
Welcome to the site,enjoy!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
331 Stroker

I built one for my 1965 Mustang Fastback. I wanted something with a broader power band then a 289. Specifics, B303 cam, 1.7 ratio rocker arms on Pro Com Aluminum heads Heads, 190cc intakes runners, Manley Stainless Steel Valves, Chevy LS-1 beehive springs, PRW full roller rocker arms. I used an Eagle Cast Iron Crank that uses Chevy rods and bearings. Probe forged pistons. Induction is dual 380cfm Holleys. Exhaust is Patriot Tri-Y headers through Waldrens mufflers that have by-pass valves. T-5 trans, 3.25 Currie 9". Stomp on it and hang on for dear life. Normal driving is quiet and smooth, (mufflers in normal setting) I did 3,000 miles on this years Hot Rod Power tour and got 25 miles to the gallon on the open highway normally driving at 80mph. Done right, I think the 331 is the sweet spot for a small block Ford.

·
Registered
25,098 Posts

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Hiya, welcome to the site. Sounds like a solid ride, let us see it when you can.

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
Good evening and welcome to the site.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I don't know how you people find the time to post in all of the forums you appear to be in. I am lucky to find time once a week and that is pushing it. I posted some pictures of my ride today. My wife and I did a 3,000 mile round trip on the Hot Rod Power tour 4 weeks ago, floods and all. I am going to let the poor thing, (wife not car), take a rest until the Michigan Woodward Dream Cruise. 40,000 Street Rods and a million spectators, nothing like it on the planet.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone.

Thought I would finally join a forum. I am currently building an 1989 GT that I rounded up for dirt cheap, needing primarily the shell. This is my third GT I have beefed up but this one should take the cake. As of now, my motor (331 DART, solid roller) is on a DYNO ready for tuning. My buddy who has the welding and paint talent has just finished my 12pt cage and is ready to throw some quick and easy fresh paint on it. hopefully I will have everything home in a week or so where I will start assembly. I have a garage full of parts from full exhaust, aeromotive gas tank/fuel cell, ignition components, body parts, interior, TKO Trans, etc ready to roll. I still look forward to re-wiring the entire car as I completely gutted it (which was a lot of fun by the way). Plumbing fuel delivery should be fun also. I havent dipped into much suspension, rear wheels, NO2 components, and much more yet.

Either way, I will keep updates and post more pics soon.

I will most likely be posting comments looking 4 suggestions in some areas new to me. This isn't my first rodeo, but everyone needs a little help and encouragement sometime!
OK. So there have been some changes since this post. The motor is complete and Dynod 550hp on a dyno known to be quite conservative. I was happy with the result no doubt. The motor is now in the car, along with the trans, fuel cells, and maybe half the dash lol. My friend could not stand the idea of painting it flat back (I was trying to save money) So he offered to paint it any color of my choice for the same price! I chose House of Kolor-Cynder Red. The hood, fenders, bumper covers, and some small pieces are painted and they look fantastic. Words cannot describe the beauty in this color. I am now working on the rear end. I will be putting together a 9in spool with a 4:10 ratio. Just workin on the financial end of it now. I gotta decide on rear rims first to determine axle length tho. I was considering the Jeggs ones as they are much less expensive. Unless someone tells me a horror story soon and changes my mind. Feel free!

Attachments

·
Registered
10,019 Posts
Welcome to what in my opinion is the best stang site going. Thanks for joining us.........Enjoy !!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.