Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just started having problems with my car the other day..has ran great since i built it 3 years ago.. when i first start the car up it will fall on its face and spit and sputter under a load for about 5-10 min and then come out of it...still seems to be running more rich than normal. it will run smooth though until i shut the car off, but as soon as i start it back up it will do it again...any thoughts?

·
Registered
274 Posts
Any check engine codes popping up?

It could be EGR, MAF sensor, clogged fuel filter, any number of items. Maybe check you EGR valve to make sure it isn't carbon plugged up. Also check the EGR solenoid. Sounds a lot like the post I just submitted, my 91 GT had some of the same symptoms.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
have not had a chance to run codes, but the car has no emmisions on it at all...it is bare bones...MAF sensor is cleaned on a monthly basis, fuel filter was replaced a month ago. had a chance to work on it a little yesterday and it started completely missing on one cylinder, #4 injector is not working, checked with a noid light and was getting no signal unless i pulled tightly on the harness...so i obviously have a wiring issue there.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i took the fuel injection wiring harness off the car today and completely went through every wire on it and couldnt find anything wrong. so tomorow i will put a new pigtail on #4 and see if that fixes it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts