Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning got in my Mustang to take off to work; had trouble first off getting the key in the ignition... finally got key in but it wouldn't turn at all, literally the key wouldn't turn.

Is the ignition worn? Or any other troubleshooting ideas?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
hopefully it wasnt just the steering lock :laugh:

·
Registered
292 Posts
hopefully it wasnt just the steering lock :laugh:

lol. I was thinking the same thing. Try wiggling it even more. Further up and further down.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
don't think it could be the ignition lock? they have a new one at my local autoparts store for $15.

·
Registered
55 Posts
That happen to me a few weeks back. I was all hyped up to go to the track when i go to my car to get it warmed up the key was locked, then on top of that my key broke in side. That angered me even more so i went ahead and turned the car on with a screw driver (i was still motivated going to the track) lol. Long story short when i took apart the ignition cylinder all the tumblers fell out, that was the issue. A new set of keys with the cylinder ran me down bout 16bucks at my local auto parts store. easy fix.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes, i took a drill to the actual key hole - knocked the pins loose and took the ignition bearing out - the new one slipped in like nothing!

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
The main thing is you got it fixed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.