Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:headscratch: new msd distributor, coil,eec & fuel relays,ignition switch.have checked all grounds and wiring no problems found.there 40psi @gauge.spark & injector indicator lamps glowing brightly,just before it dies light @ injector dims then dies, car only has spark w/spout connector removed. car is 1936 ford coupe w/89 mustang wireing & ecm w/95 lightning w/aod. please help,Thanks, Todd

·
Registered
604 Posts
Maybe a clogged fuel filter. It can build the pressure up but when its pulling fuel its not keeping up? Just a thought.

·
Registered
13,166 Posts
Losing ecm signal to inj sounds like, is your battery and alt good?89coupe can help with ecm issues.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did you try a noid light test to see if you are getting a signal to the injectors
Thanks for answering, veh also has new fuel filter,did check injector w/noid light and its nice and bright till just before it dies it goes out.i did try to hold key in start position and car will continue to run.have i mixed up seleniod wiring? i have starter feed on lt stud and the rest on the other. thanks again. Todd

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your running a lightning power plant with a mustang ECU and wiring...? thats ur problems get the lightning wiring and ECU
update , i put 89 5.8 distributor in and it ran for about 10 minutes and it died,now theres no spark, i have close to 15000 miles with this combination and its only started to acting up the last 3000 miles, with intermitten stalling,sometime firing right back up and sometimes not @ all.

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
When it doesnt spark, is there power at the positive side of the coil?

And when it doesnt spark, you should check for a pulse on the top wire of the TFI with a volt meter. It should be around 5.5-6.5v when cranking.

Also, new or not. Take the TFI and have it tested at the parts store. Have them test it 3 times back to back if it passes the first time. Its free to do.

·
Registered
561 Posts
the 5.0 ecu and wiring isnt going to run that 5.8 if its out of a lightning unless youve swapped out the cam, the 5.8 is speed density and the 89 is mass air the cam in the 5.8 will not work with mass air

1 - 9 of 9 Posts