Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kind of pissed at my 1/4 time, i expected a little better but i could not get the plastic motor craft tires i have to hook at all. this is how i did and my mods:

crane cam with rockers and springs.
mac shorty headers into off road H pipe into flow masters with turn downs
k & n filter
aluminum drive shaft
king cobra clutch
resurfaced flywheel
under drive pulleys
electric fan
adjustable fuel pressure regulator
ac/delete, smog/delete
blaster 2 coil
B&M shifter

stock gears*
----------------------
by the way it is New england Drag way

R/T - .727

60' - 2.390

330' - 6.214

1/8 - 9.333

mph - 77.72

1000' - 12.044

1/4 - 14.312

mph - 99.75

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
It's most likely those stock gears you have. Swap those to a better set and you'll get a night and day difference.

·
Registered
918 Posts
does my 60' suck for street tires?
I don't think it's that bad. I've been running on street tires, and like you I have no traction at all. My 60's are usually in the 2.1 to 2.2 range.

You feel bad about your times? I'm running mid 13's but trapping at 113+ mph which should be low 12's to high 11's. I'm going to get some MT ET streets which will fix that problem I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
i was hoping for a 2.2 60ft. but i olny got that 2.390
Get those 60's down for ever tenth...say you go 2.3 if you go 2.2 thats .02 on top so you would go 14.1...say you go 2.0 you would have run.....a 13.7 range....I think thats going to be my problem too stock tires and a stick....plus im better with auto's then i am with sticks...lol good luck you'll get there...:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
borrow my friends DR's and i should pull some high 13's easy, thats not bad for minor bolt ons with a cam. then again im not positive.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Get some practice on that reaction time too

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that was my first run ever with that car and my second time at the drag strip not used to it yet. but ill work on it. my friend i raced had a base model srt4 and he got a 14.4 on his first run with a 0.08 reaction.

·
Registered
413 Posts
You could easily run 13's with a little driving practice

·
Registered
102 Posts
i agree with both when your buddy gets some traction hell be 13s and with just a few mods 12s, the srt4s are awesome cars just like our stangs they are basically a modern muscle car for the guys who cant afford insurance on rwd like me a few years ago thats why i bought one

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks alot guys, the olny reason why i went is becuase somebody told me on stock gears and my mods (bolt ons) CANNOT RUN A 13.999 OR FASTER i wanted to prove that. but dident. my 60ft was in the range of a HIGH 2.3 and low 2.4. if i hit a 2.1 60 ft. you would think 13.9 or 13.8?

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Like i said in an earlier post yes...if you went say 14.0 with a 2.3 60 ft..ok drop that down to a 2.0 60ft and you should be running around a 13.4 ...for every tenth of your second ft is .02 tenths on the top end...1/4 mile wise..........

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Like i said in an earlier post yes...if you went say 14.0 with a 2.3 60 ft..ok drop that down to a 2.0 60ft and you should be running around a 13.4 ...for every tenth of your second ft is .02 tenths on the top end...1/4 mile wise..........

you mean if i went 14.00 with a 2.4 60' then if i brought it down to a 2.0 i would be at 13.2 which means for every .1 off the 60' its .2 on my final 1/4 ET

·
Registered
2,176 Posts
So basically you have a cam, shorty headers and stock gears and your upset at your 1/4 mile time? Lemme guess, you were expecting 12's with those mods? :blink:

You may want to do some head and intake work as well as gears. The gears is what is hurting you the most right now. Get your heads re-worked, ported an polished. port and polish your intake and maybe shave the intake to perfectly match the heads and you'll see a decent gain.

P.S.... a re-surfaced flywheel is not a mod.:scratchchin

Richard

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
no no no you got me all worng i was hoping for a 14.1 and i would of been happy. 12.s with a basicly stock stang is stupid i dont even know why you brought that up.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
you mean if i went 14.00 with a 2.4 60' then if i brought it down to a 2.0 i would be at 13.2 which means for every .1 off the 60' its .2 on my final 1/4 ET
Yes thats the rule of thumb...thats what i was told a long time ago by old timers and it does hold water....I would go say 2.0's the go 1.9's and i was .02 tenths quicker at the end......

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So basically you have a cam, shorty headers and stock gears and your upset at your 1/4 mile time? Lemme guess, you were expecting 12's with those mods? :blink:

You may want to do some head and intake work as well as gears. The gears is what is hurting you the most right now. Get your heads re-worked, ported an polished. port and polish your intake and maybe shave the intake to perfectly match the heads and you'll see a decent gain.

P.S.... a re-surfaced flywheel is not a mod.:scratchchin

Richard
lol i just realized i put that, its because i have my car for sale and i put what was done to my car on there and i copied it to here and forgot to take that out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.