Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody, i am new to this site and need some help. i have a 1989 Ford mustang LX notchback. I am new to driving standered and accidentally burned out the clutch. I am not sure whether or not i should get just the disc or buy a complete assembly. Also i am looking for a stock set-up, nothing aftermarket. All i am looking for is the name of the stock clutch and possible websites where i could purchase it. I live near Mustangs unlimited in manchester, CT so i could also buy it there if i have to.

Thanks, Dylan

·
Registered
370 Posts
Welcome! And I'm not to far from you! But anyways a good replacement I'd say would be a spec or ram. Nothing fancy but better hen OEM. When you repace your clutch make sure you get your flywheel resurfaced and I'd replace the pilot bearing while it's apart. Also
And sure you have the alignment tool necessary. Good luck

·
Registered
299 Posts
Definitely purchase the whole kit, not just the clutch disc. And I would recommend the Ford Racing king cobra clutch. Its got a little more bite than stock, but remains pretty similar to the stock clutch in pedal feel, and its a Ford part. Mustangs Unlimited should have it in stock.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Definitely purchase the whole kit, not just the clutch disc. And I would recommend the Ford Racing king cobra clutch. Its got a little more bite than stock, but remains pretty similar to the stock clutch in pedal feel, and its a Ford part. Mustangs Unlimited should have it in stock.
I would stay away from the king cobra clutches because Ive heard of them going out fairly quick and mine snapped my clutch cable and my tob is going out which was replaced when the clutch was. It grabs hard though but id look into ram clutches. a couple of my friends have them and love them. its what im going to when this one goes out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts