Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently bought a 1989 GT mustang that was converted to a Cobra Clone, the Car has a brand new paintjob, along with an all new cobra kit, along with a Stormin’ Normin Hood..
So it has as few things wrong with it, (Fuel Gauge half works, Speedometer doesn't work, no E- brake , and it’s a stick!)

So I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on stuff I should have upgraded in the engine? I have under drive pulley's no a.c and a Cold Air intake... I would also like to get new black interior to complement the grey leather seats I have.. Any ideas? Ill post pictures later after working on the car a bit.. Thanks!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Uh...roids? Hope you're reffering to the car. How 'bout those pics?!?! As long as you have a complete detail, fresh fluids and a good tune-up, you can do anything you want. There is so much out there for our cars. There are some things you can do to make sure you get good results. Put a wish list together. Make a budget. But most of all - ENJOY IT. Don't wreck it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ya we figured out what gear i need for the speedometer, put in a new fuel filter, and checked the e-brake line. But about the e-brake line can anyone tell me exactly what i'm suppose to tighten?? Got under the car, found the line, and found what looked to be like an equalizer.. But what exactly am i suppose to tighten?
Also about the fuel gauge, i have been reading on here about the anti-slosh cluster that i would most likely need to get, but i was tryin to test to see if the wires were grounded or not. But i could not seem to find which wires i am suppose to test... Any ideas on the location of that either??

And about the pics, im gonna wash the car tomorrow then post the pics.. I was just interested to hear if i should do anything to the engine first and for most kind of thing...I am very new to cars(17) but my step dad has owned 3 of these and is helping with everything... Thanks for the advice

1 - 4 of 4 Posts