Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i have an 89 gt 5.0 and i put a new bumper on and headlights and and turn signals off my wrecked 88 and all new bulbs then i get in the car and my headlights dont work and when i push forward on the blinker stick i have no brights but i can pull back and flash my brights i was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and any related pictures before i tear my dash apart thanks:headscratch:

·
Registered
11 Posts
trying checking all your fuses first of all.
i had a problem similar to this and you may have to take the cover off of the steering column. i forgot what the piece was that is messed up on mine, but just trying pushing the wires around. don't pull or push hard.
whenever my lights don't work i do this. hope this at least helps a little bit

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
Are you sure the bulbs are in good condition first? (Had to ask... )
You could then check both the headlight switch, then the signal arm itself. They can malfunction and knock out your lights. Considering it's an 89, it's about time for it to give up the ghost. Finally, check your harness leading to both the switch and the signal arm. When either of them malfunction, they tend to kill the harness with it.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will check the harness and the bulbs are brand new my wrecked 88 had been sittin for four years so when i robbed the bumper and lights i replaced all the bulbs i just didnt want to tear into the dash if it was something simple and im not running the fog lights i heard about way to many problems with them thanks guys does anyone have a pdf schematic for the headlight wiring

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey does anyone have a wiring diagram for the headlights on my 89 gt thanks

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
I'll see if I can find one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.