Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guy's i'm still learning this 5.0 stuff and i need some help.my car is a 1989 gt and my fuel pressure regulator isn't getting vacume.i checked what i could and i'm getting vacume to the right firewall where there's some kind of switch but the vacume isn't carrying over to the regulator also when i unpluged the regulator there was a little bit of fuelat the vacume port is this normal and is there any suggestions on the lose of vacume.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
hey guy's i'm still learning this 5.0 stuff and i need some help.my car is a 1989 gt and my fuel pressure regulator isn't getting vacume.i checked what i could and i'm getting vacume to the right firewall where there's some kind of switch but the vacume isn't carrying over to the regulator also when i unpluged the regulator there was a little bit of fuelat the vacume port is this normal and is there any suggestions on the lose of vacume.
time for a new fuel pressure regulator. you should not have fuel entering the vacuum line. as for no vacuum at the fuel pressure regulator, your line is either broken, or leaking at the tree due to fuel contamination.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The diaphragm inside it has failed and is allowing fuel to enter the line. Time for a new one.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i'm not positive on this one but i'm pretty sure the fuel pressure regulator is supposed to be hooked up directly to the intake manifold so there is no drop in vaccum between the intake and the tree which could give it a bad reading

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.