Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I performed a fuel pressure test on my car. I have an adjustable fuel pressure regulator it's pretty old and I'm not sure the name brand maybe accel. Here's the problem:
I'm was only getting 25psi at idle I adjusted the psi and got it to go the 35psi which my car doesn't seem to mind. when you accelerate it goes to about 39psi.

I think if the pressure stays within 4-5psi of idle psi then the pump is good. I think the fuel pressure regulator is going bad. I would like to know what you guys think?

There are still treads on the adjustment screw but it doesn't feel as easy to travel down any farther I don't want to force it. Does anyone know if adjustable fuel pressure regulator screws usually go down very far or only about half the screw length if that makes sense.

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
The adjustment screws can go in quite a ways into a regulator, it's just pushing down on a spring inside it. I'd say the numbers you had would do fine, meaning the 35/39 psi setting you have it at. It won't hurt, that's the stock setting.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I'm so happy my car is riding good again I didn't want to risk damaging the regulator. Thanks for the info about the screw and spring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.