Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying this sight is great and thanks for all the help everyone has been I was having a time with my idle resently thank god thats done. Now moving on:

I just recently fixed an idle problem but I still have problems starting the car when cold. Things that are new or known to be good;

Spark Plugs new, Ignition Wires new, dributor new, ignition coil new, igition module new,MAF new, ACT sensor new, ECT sensor new, IAC motor good, TPS good.

Looking for any checks I can do to to figure this out why I'm having a hard time starting cold.:headscratch:

Also outside of the topic when I changed my ACT sensor yesterday I noticed oilly sludge on it. The sensor's job is to sample inducted air why would there be oil on it I know I need to change my valve cover gaskets but they're lower on the engine than the ACT.

·
Super Moderator
40,152 Posts
maybe a fuel problem.changed fuel filter lately?i suggest a fuel pressure test.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I changed the filter. I have and adjustable pressure regulator too. Sunday I'll probably try to put a pressure gauge on it. 39 psi I think is what it should be.

·
Registered
45,992 Posts
39 psi is stock, some cars like less and some like more. All cars won't have the same exact settings so play with it and see what it likes.
The oil on the ACT is common, it's sometimes helped by getting a new PCV valve and mesh screen.
And after all that, some cars are just cold natured, mine is the same way, it won't run right when first started, it needs time to warm up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.